Informed Consent for Minor Participation in Local Travel
Under the United States Equestrian Federation’s (“USEF”) Safe Sport Policy and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies, local travel is defined as travel to training, practice, and competition that occurs locally and does not include coordinated overnight stay(s) (“LocalTravel”).
I, the undersigned, certify that I am the parent/legal guardian of the below named minor (“Minor Athlete”). I understand that my express written consent is required in order for Minor Athlete to participate in Local Travel and ride alone in a vehicle with Montaire Icelandic Horses, LLC’s (“MIH”)owners, managers, members, authorized trainers, counselors, clinicians, employees, or agent. I acknowledge that the Local Travel is not organized by or affiliated with USEF in any way. I also understand that USEF’s Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies prohibit Minor Athlete from participating in the Local Travel unless I provide my express written consent.
In connection with and in consideration of Minor Athlete’s participation in the Local Travel, I as Minor Athlete’s parent or legal guardian hereby represent and consent to the following:
1) I consent and agree to allow the Minor Athlete to attend and participate in the Local Travel, and ride alone in a vehicle with any owner, manager, member, authorized trainer(s), counselor(s), clinician(s), employees, agents of MIH;
2) I consent and agree that I have had the opportunity to review USEF’s Safe Sport Policy and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies, available at https://safesport.usef.org;
3) I acknowledge that USEF’s Safe Sport Policy and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies are intended to protect athletes from abuse and risks of harm in sport, and that unrelated adults are not permitted to ride in a vehicle alone with an unrelated minor athlete, absent emergency circumstances, and must have at least two minor athletes or another adult at all times, unless I provide my express written consent in advance of the Local Travel;
4) I understand that USEF recommends that I watch the Parents Guide to Misconduct in Sport, provided at no cost to me and produced by the U.S. Center for Safe Sport before providing this consent, which can be found at https://athletesafety.org/;
5) I authorize and consent to the release and disclosure of this Informed Consent, Minor Athlete’s name, Local Travel details, and other relevant information, as needed, to demonstrate my consent to Minor Athlete’s participation in the Local Travel; and
6) I understand and agree that while I may be requested to sign a renewed Informed Consent from time-to-time, I agree that this Informed Consent shall not expire and my consent may only be terminated by me in writing if delivered in person or sent by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to MIH in person at 36727 Leith Ln, Middleburg, VA 20117 Attn: Manager with such notice effective when delivered in person or as indicated on proof of delivery. I certify that I am18 years of age or older and the parent or legal guardian of the Minor Athlete. In addition, I certify that I have read, fully understand, and agree to the terms of this Informed Consent, and I sign it voluntarily with the full knowledge of its significance. If I am signing and submitting this Informed Consent electronically, I acknowledge that my electronic signature shall have the same validity, force and effect as if I affixed my signature by my own hand.